Our Mission: To promote public awareness of the Realtor profession and bring value to our members
Goal 1: Membership
LAR will empower, educate, and promote its members through various platforms for the advancement of our profession
- Identify and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within our association.
- Evaluate and communicate effective information through all media platforms.
- Explore and implement, as needed, shared services with surrounding boards.
- Communicate the value of membership to LAR, Virginia REALTORS®, and NAR to the new members, seasoned members, and Brokers.
- Encourage Broker involvement.
Goal 2: Community Outreach
LAR will promote and partner with our community
- Organize fundraising for our community.
- Research NAR grants for opportunities to improve our community.
- Promote LAR as the professional and diverse Association that serves our community.
- Create partnerships and promote relationships within our community.
- Share relevant real estate-related information with our community which shows the value of the REALTOR® member.
Goal 3: Advocacy
LAR will advocate on behalf of the membership within our service area to promote homeownership and property rights
- Educate the membership on the value of RPAC and the importance of their contribution.
- Implement a plan to develop meaningful relationships with local officials to become the go-to resource for real estate needs.
- Encourage and identify members to serve in community and government organizations.
- Advocate for and promote fair housing initiatives that support the expansion of diversity and inclusionary efforts.
Goal 4 : Association Services
LAR will evaluate and identify various needs and services to grow and stay relevant
- Identify opportunities to utilize new products and technologies to provide services.
- Evaluate and possibly implement the need for new space.
- Investigate the need for expanding Staff and address accordingly.
- Develop a program for the CEO and Staff to outreach to firms regularly.
Goal 5: Professionalism
LAR will promote key objectives within the association to achieve peak professionalism
- Promote the importance of professionalism that defines “That’s Who We R.”
- Provide professional development opportunities to enhance success that elevate job performance, professionalism, and competency.
- Enhance multiple methods for the delivery of professional development.
- Utilize cooperative partnerships to engage more members and increase revenue.
- Evaluate and strengthen the purpose of the Broker Forum to increase participation.