Our Mission: To promote public awareness of the Realtor profession and bring value to our members
GOAL 1: LAR will make the Realtor profession a place you want to stay
- Develop a leadership council of past presidents, past board members and brokers.
- Identify future leaders and mentors
- Offer leadership and team building opportunities.
- Develop and implement a member profile to identify strengths.
- Create a “think tank” with old and new members.
- Survey membership to increase involvement and explore new options for member benefits.
- Promote involvement at LAR, VR and NAR.
Goal 2: We will promote our value proposition to the public through consumer outreach
- Be the Voice for Real Estate by creating a resource that provides market statistics
- Recognize Association and member involvement at the Local, State, and National levels
- Recognize Association community involvement
- Advertise and promote positive aspects of using a Realtor
- Community Outreach Committee continue to identify and fund local non-profits
- Community Outreach Committee continue the LAR Family Holiday outreach in each of the areas in LAR
Goal 3: LAR will increase political advocacy
- Allocate adequate funds to cover minimum core standards participation in RPAC
- Continue to attend and participate in legislative meetings at the Local, State, and National levels
- Local awareness of each local municipality by having Realtors attend Local council and planning meetings
- Sponsor a town hall meeting for political candidates to educate Realtors on how identified policies would benefit/ impact Realtors
Goal 4: LAR will increase involvement of new members, existing members, and affiliate members
- Continue to require new agent orientation
- Introduce new agents at monthly meetings
- Offer incentives for attendance at meetings (Dec- free dues)
- Provide social/network events
- Promote, support, and expand affiliate involvement
Goal 5: LAR will provide our membership with a thorough knowledge of association services and technology and create new educational opportunities
- LAR will offer level specific training sessions for association offered services and technology
- LAR will offer educational opportunities for the ever-changing industry
- LAR will continue to research new technology, online education, applications, and emerging opportunities to enable members to stay ahead and navigate through industry trends.